Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Highlight of the trip!!

Joey and I have been looking forward to going to the trooping of the colors for sometime now. It's a celebration of the Queen's birthday, even though her birthday was like two months ago. We knew that she would be there, and we were hoping that we would be able to see her and the rest of the royals, as we are crazy stalkers and huge fans. Little did we know, it was our lucky day! The stars aligned and our dreams came true. WE GOT TO SEE WILLIAM AND KATE, THE QUEEN, AND THE REST OF THE ROYAL FAMILY. It was so so so so fun and one of my favorite things we've done on the trip thus far. We were freaking out.

Buckingham Palace in all its glory.

The procession started with guards marching in, a few different bands, guys on horses, policeman, the whole lot.

Joey and I were lucky enough to stake out a really good spot.
There was a railing there so we stood on it and had a great view of everything.

This was the first carriage to come in and we were freaking out!! That's Camilla and Kate in the flesh, less than 30 feet away from us! So cool!

Next came the Queen herself.
She is so cute!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

After the procession had ended and everyone had gone in, they let all the people from the mall fill in where they had just come from. Joey and I made a split second decision and hopped the fence and made a mad dash to the front. Joey didn't know how passionate I was about getting a good spot because I literally sprinted to the front. Even if it meant ditching my husband, who ended up a few rows behind me. It was totally worth it.

I made it all the way to the front of the gates and had the perfect view. That hand in the picture is of the guy next to me who said he has been coming every single year and he had never been that close before. I was ecstatic!!

All of the royals!!
Kate is in the cream, William next to her in his uniform.
The Queen in her baby blue birthday outfit.
And Camilla and others on her left.

In honor the Queen's birthday, they had a fly-by of all these different jets. This one was the finale and by far the coolest one. I had a hard time switching back and forth deciding if I would rather watch the fly-bys or the royals. We loved every minute of it.

After it was over, Joey and I were still in awe of what had just happened. We were still a little star-struck and had so much fun hanging out with the royals for a minute. It really was so incredibly fun and something we'll never get to experience ever again!!

After Joey and I went on for more fun adventures. Walking along, we came across the famous Ritz hotel, another hotspot in the movie Notting Hill, along with many others.

Joey and I made our way to Camden Market. This one was a little more hip than Portobello Market, but we still love them both. We had fun looking around at all the different shops.

This is a cute, little restaurant in Camden Market. The patio seating was the ends of vespas and I thought that was such a fun, cute idea.

We had another GREAT day in London. We have absolutely loved our experiences here thus far, and we are excited for many more. There is no one else I would rather be here with than Joey. He is my best friend and I love him so much. I am one lucky girl, and we are having so much fun here in London. We love and miss you all! XOXO!!

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing!! I'm so glad you got to see the Royals, way to get a good spot Page! Love you guys xoxo

    ReplyDelete