Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cinque Terra

WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD!!

Joey and I went to Cinque Terra over the weekend, and I am sorry but it is way too hard to but into words the incredible beauty of this place. To make things easier for myself, I decided to post a million pictures so hopefully you can get a better idea of how astonishingly beautiful Cinque Terra. It is a close train ride from Florence, and I am so glad we went there.

Cinque Terra, or "five lands," is one of the awe-inspiring coastlines of Italy. It's composed of five little villages full of color, quaintness, and charm. You get a true feel for how the cultured Italians live, and your jealousy runs wild with the exquisite surroundings.




The first stretch from the first city to the second city is called Lovers Walk. You have the view of the ocean on one side, and then on the other side there are inscriptions on the wall of people declaring their love. It's very romantic :)

We had a goal while in Italy to have gelato at least 3 times a day. We actually almost accomplished it, but mostly because we couldn't help ourselves. Joey would get his usual fragola and limon (strawberry and lemon) every time, while I ventured out and tried every flavor I could. I think I settled on the nutella flavor to be my favorite! SO GOOD!!





We took the train between most of the cities, but the last stretch between the fourth and fifth city, we decided to trek up the mountain. It was actually quite a challenging hike, but so worth it because you got to see a beautiful view the entire way.


This is Monterosso, the fifth city in Cinque Terra. Absolutely amazing!!


We took a quick dip in the water, and it was so refreshing after our long hike. The water was crystal blue and nice and cold.

We got focaccia bread twice while you were there because it was so delicious. YUM!


Cinque Terra is definitely up there on the our list of most beautiful places in the world. We were left speechless and and in awe from it's stunning views. I wish we were there right now!!

We love you and miss you all!! XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Page! omg.. I didn't know you went to Cinque Terra... that is my favorite place in the world.. SO amazing. love you and cant wait to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete