Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh what a weekend!

It's Monday again. It's hard to start a new week when we've had such a fun weekend. Joey's off to work again, and I am here blogging and watching Friends. Rough life, I know. But we had a great weekend, filled with lots of fun. Thursday night, we went the broadway show JERSEY BOYS. It's the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. We absolutely loved it. The music was so fun and we recognized most of the songs (actually most of the songs are on Joe Muscalino's playlist). But it was great! We got really awesome seats in the box, we were the only ones on our row, and we had a great view.

"Oh what a night!" (one of their songs)


One of the funnier things that happen to us before we went to the show... we were walking around China town, looking for somewhere good to eat, but we also wanted to go somewhere cheap. So we are stopping at every restaurant looking at the menu, trying to find the best deal. We stopped at this Chinese buffet, and it looked suspicious, but it was super super cheap and we were starving, so we said "Why not!?!". Bad idea. It was the WORST food ever. We couldn't even eat it because it was so awful, and we were scared that we were going to get sick. So we payed the bill at the sketchy restaurant for the uneaten food, and made our way to a guaranteed good restaurant. McDonald's. Joey couldn't have been happier, you know how he feels about McDonald's, but then again, I think it was the best meal I have ever eaten. It just goes to show, that sometimes it's ok to spend an extra buck or two to eat a good meal. We've learned our lesson. Ba da da da da, I'm lovin it!!





We got some GREAT news this week. Joey was talking to the other two interns here, and they told him that they have every Friday off. So Joey went to work the next day and barely mentioned it and they gave him Fridays off too!! I couldn't be more thrilled. One more day that I get to hang out with Joey and an extra to go see the city together. So on Friday, we went to Borough Market, which was fun. They had ton of food stands, and it was a fun atmosphere. We might have picked the wrong day to go though, because it was a little smaller then we were expecting, but still a fun outing.

Then we went and saw some more sites around town and we went to a few museums...

That's Tower Bridge in the background


St. Paul's Catherdral

We just walked across this way cool bridge.
It's the bridge that colapses at the beginning of Harry Potter!

Same bridge, different view. I love HP!!

We went to the Tate Modern museum and saw a lot of originals from many famous artists.
This one is Monet, and Joey loved it!


Next to the famous red telephones and St. Paul's Cathedral.


On Saturday we went to Portobello Market and I absolutely LOVED it!! There were so many fun shops, and cute things to look at. The street is lined with these cute, colored houses. One of my favorite things we've done thus far. The top right picture is the travel bookshop in Notting Hill. I love the movie hot spots!! The bottom left is a clothing store and the entire wall is lined with antique sewing machines. So cool! I want to go back!


We had a picnic lunch in Kensington Park and walked over to Hyde Park to see this Princess Diana fountain. It was really cool, it's in the shape of her necklace, and you can walk around the entire ring in the water. There were tons of kids and families, and we loved walking in the water. I want a monument like that for me when I die. :)

So anyway, that just about sums up our weekend. Probably more than you wanted to know, but we loved every minute of it! The more I see of the city, and the more I'm around the people, I fall in love with this place. We are so lucky to have this little adventure together. Love you all!! And talk to you soon! XOXO- Page and Joey


7 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! London looks awesome and it looks like you 2 are having a blast! Love the thumbs down buffet thumbs up McD's pic. Love you miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun!!! you two cuties! keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are having the ride of your lives! Please keep posting! I am living vicariously through you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love McD's! Tyler and I ate there all the time because food in Europe is hit and miss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog! It is so fun to hear about your adventures. Portobello Market was my favorite. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason and I saw Jersey Boys in New York a while ago and loved it! I couldn't help but sing right along. Thanks for blogging!! I'm so glad everything is going well. You look beautiful in every pic!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Tate Modern! Try going to the Tate Modern and taking a free boat up the Thames to the Tate Britian which also has a GREAT collection! So jealous of this fun!

    ReplyDelete