Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Foggy London Town.

I used to have a blog, but I sucked at updating it, so now that Joey and I are married and while we are here in London, I am going to make my best effort to stay on top of it, and start blogging again! We hope you enjoy...

So here we are, in foggy London town. Only a week after being married, we have taken off to spend the summer in another country. Our wedding was incredible, the perfect day for us. It was filled with fun times, great memories and wonderful people. I'll definitely go into more detail about that when we get our pictures back. But we couldn't have been more happy about the day, and thanks to everyone who shared that special day with us. We arrived here in London on Saturday, exhausted from traveling, but excited for what was to come. Sariah, the woman we are staying with, met us at the airport, and helped us with our 4 suitcases. Ridiculous amount of luggage? Yes. We went and got our oyster cards (our pass for the tube), and got our phones set up for the both of us. We traveled into Wimbledon and wheeled our way to our flat. We have a great set up here and we really like the people we are staying with.

The first thing I realized about London, is that everything is tiny and compact. There isn't really space for anything, but you make do with what you have. We have a tiny fridge in the kitchen along with a washer, and no dryer. Our room has space for a bed, and a standing closet, and that's about it. But it's cozy and we like it.

This is our cozy little bed. It actually is quite comfortable.
This is our little make shift closet and our fireplace.


Our first couple of days were spent sleeping and getting used to the time change. Joey wanted to be ready for work bright and early on Monday morning. He loves the people he works with, and he was shocked with how tiny his office is. His office is smaller than our bedroom, and there are three people working in there! We'll post a picture of that shortly. I met him in town after his first day of work and we walked around downtown London. This city is amazing!


Joey outside of the building he works in.


Here we are outside Westminster Abbey.
This is where William and Kate were married!


We took a walk through the park, and it was actually really pretty. We came up to this pond and Joey was so amazed by how beautiful it was. So of course we got a picture of it.
Outside Buckingham Palace. This place is really cool.

On Tuesday morning, the woman that Joey works for set up a tour for us so he could get a feel for the building he is working in. I was lucky enough to tag along and I was really excited. So I got up early in the morning and got to go into work with him. So we went on a tour of Parliament and saw the whole building where Joey works. Well almost the whole building... towards the end of the tour, I started feeling really light-headed. I didn't really think much of it, and so I tried to focus back on the tour. Then it happened again.. and then I started blacking out.. and then I fainted. Yes. Me. I fainted in the middle of our tour of Parliament. It was the weirdest thing. We were in the House of Lords and standing in front of these benches where parliament sits, and before we got there, they told us not sit down because every major Lord, Prince, Princess and other important people in government sit there. But I beat the system. I decided to faint in front of all these strangers, scare myself, our tour guide, and our group half to death, and almost give Joey a heart attack. But I got to sit down on those forbidden benches! And then after, I got to sit down out in the lobby, have people bring me cups of water and a chocolate bar, while I am still shaking in a cold sweat. We even got to visit the nurse and sit in a special room while I calmed down. I started laughing because I couldn't believe that happened and I was kind of embarrassed. And then, of course, Joey and I both started crying because of how scared we were. That was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me, and I hope and pray it never happens again! But hey, never a dull moment in London, right? Luckily Joey called his office, and the lady he works for insisted that he take the day off and bring me home. So we both came home, took a 3 1/2 hour nap, which I think we both really needed. It was great. So just so you know, I faint in London. Weirdest thing ever. I feel fine now, I took some medicine, and I am just going to take it easy for the next couple of days. And I really enjoyed what I saw on the tour, it's a beautiful building, and hopefully we'll get to finish it sometime! But for right now, our tour of parliament... was not my finest moment.
This is us outside of the Parliament building where we had our tour.
This is actually pre-faint.

So that pretty much sums up our trip so far. We are having a great time, and we feel very blessed to be here. We have so many more fun adventures ahead of us. We miss every one back home, but we will be back before we know. And we love to hear from you so email us any time you would like. LOVE YOU ALL!! XOXO! -Page and Joey

8 comments:

  1. I can not believe you fainted!!!! How weird! LOVE YOUR BLOG! I will add you to mine asap. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg.. you fainted! That is crazy.. SO SO SO crazy. Sounds like things are going well.. I just added you to my blog. Is your email pagestoker@hotmail.com? xoxo.. you need to get a gmail account and then we can gchat.. love ya mucho!! Can't wait to come and hang with you in London!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so crazy! hopefully that doesn't happen again. you're going to have such a great time. I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok that everything is tiny and compact, because so are you and Joey! I love your cute little apartment room, and of course it's perfectly organized! I'm so sorry you passed out...maybe you're pregnant. Haha, just kidding. Love you! Love the blog! Just love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh page!!!!! I cant believe you fainted! what a great story! Pretty sure that will go down in your books of awesome adventures. What an incredible opportunity you guys have. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my love hearing your stories!! I'm so glad you are ok!! I miss you both so much! I can't wait to see you again, but I know you will have the best time there. We need to iChat with you guys, when you have time. We just started a blog too so I'll add ya:) love you!!!
    Adamandchelsey.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog, sweet sistah! Glad you're OK after 'falling' for Foggy London :| ... Does this reduce your chances to work as a Buckingham Palace guard while you're there (wink)? --Benito

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should post the challenge on here! love you both!

    ReplyDelete