Saturday, October 8, 2011

i like fall.

We decided that we wanted to be way festive tonight and carve pumpkins! We were in the mood for something fallish and that seemed like the perfect idea. So we (the Lindsley's and the McCormick's) decided to go to the store to pick out the perfect pumpkins and then we went back and carved them while watching a scary movie. It was so fun and spooky!!



I LOVE baked pumpkins seeds and it was well worth the half hour that it took to separate them from all the goop. Throw a little butter, salt, and garlic salt on and we're good to go!

Meet Patrick!! This is our pumpkin that Joey so carefully carved out. Isn't he cute???


On the left: Lindsley's scary skeleton. Middle: Patrick. Right: McCormick's polka dot perfection


Another festive, fall thing I did this week was make homemade applesauce at work. Yes, that's what I do at work. It was a long process, but so fun to learn how to make it.



Another exciting thing that happened this week was that Joey and I celebrated our 5 month wedding anniversary. Joey is the biggest sweetie and brought home these beautiful flowers for me. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! Best 5 months of my life.






1 comment:

  1. This looked like so much fun and everyones pumpkin was so good! I love how you guys all live right there together and can hang out whenever, so fun.
    Oh and those baked pumpkin seeds sound way good right now.

    ReplyDelete